Friday, February 16, 2018

#storyseeds Friday: What is that smell? Is that love?

If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook, you know that I'm posting daily #storyseeds, a short prompt for creativity and imagination. I started doing them as much for myself as for anyone else. They make me stretch my mind a little bit each morning and they help me remember that I am a creative being. It's fun, a little therapeutic, and a little useful for others. I'm posting expanded #storyseeds here on Fridays, both as a chance for me to experiment with more complex prompts and as a way for you to have a playful start for the weekend. Let me know what you think, which worked for you and which didn't, and send me any prompts you'd like to see posted! I can't promise I'll use them, but I may very well.

It is the week when romantic love is in the air, whether or not you want it to be. This week's #storyseeds are here to help you think about love in all of its many forms and possibilities.
  1. Embodied
    How do you feel when you love? Do you feel different with different kinds of love? How does romantic love feel compared with loving a pet compared with the love you may have for a really great sandwich?
  2. Described
    Describe the first thing or being you knew you loved, other than a parent. What did it look or feel like? Why did you love it? Do you love it still? 
  3. A seed...
    You fall in love with someone you used to despise. What changed? You? Them? Are the very things you found revolting before now appealing and endearing?
  4. Story-story-go! Tell a love story from the point of view of a physical object or non-human being. A table in a cafe watching a couple fall in love. Juliet's knife. Your dog, meeting the dog of your new sweetheart.
Please post any answers you'd like to share, I'd LOVE to know what these prompted for you!

----------------------------------
www.laurapacker.com 
www.thinkstory.com 
(c)2018 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails