Monday, January 26, 2015

The world through my eyes: Flyover country

Moving to the Midwest has resulted in some culture shock. To my delight, I've found I really like it here. I like the sense of space. I like the people. My coastal friends tease me about living in flyover country so I thought I'd share a little bit of what what I see when I look over the plains at the sky here.

The road goes ever on and on

and on and on.

Power and light

Flyover 1

In flight

Tattered clouds

Flyover 2

Guardian of the city

(c)2015 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

3 comments:

  1. My top three: 3, 5, 8. #8 is a personal bias for custom wrought iron. #5 because I love both wall art and birds. I like the mystery of #3 without #7 to solve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something that pulls at me about all that open space. I've never been anywhere like that. The desert can be wide open, but it doesn't seem to me that it would be in the same way. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails