Friday, December 13, 2013

Asking for what you want

I just saw the best customer service prank ever. You can complain about the expense, what the money should have been used for instead and all kinds of things, but really, this just made a whole bunch of people happy. Take a look.



What it drove home to me was this: Ask for what you really want. You never know who might be listening. There is rarely any harm in asking and I think the world could use a little more honesty, including honesty about our own hopes and dreams. If we don't dream big, ask big, hope big, what can we expect to find, have, accomplish? If we're too afraid to tell anyone what we want, will we even tell ourselves?

All that being said, what do you really want for Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Solstice/etc? I'd love to know.

(c)2013 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

2 comments:

  1. Heh, yeah I heard about this. Awesome idea, and kudos to Westjet.

    For me, my true heart's desire this year is to be able to get a licensing deal from Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro to do a World of Greyhawk role-playing-game product. I've wanted that for twenty years. Just to add a little something of my own to the official canon of a world that has given me so much pleasure over the years, and that I've invested so much time and effort in.

    Not something that fits in a stocking, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I really have no idea what I want - maybe a new furnace since I've had to repair ours a few times ;-)

    ReplyDelete

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails