Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Flash fiction: Once Bitten

I'm really enjoying the flash writing site oneword. You get a single word prompt and 60 seconds to write. Everyone once in a while I produce something evocative. Like today. The word was bitten.

*     *     *


Once bitten twice shy. Once bitten twice shy. Fucking mosquitoes, I’ll show you shy. Slap!

I wish I wasn’t out here tonight, didn’t have to hide in this god forsaken bush while I listen to everything that’s happening inside the house but I don’t dare go back in cause if I do I know what will happen and I don’t want that again.

Once bitten twice shy. Once bitten twice shy.


(c)2012 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails