Friday, July 22, 2011

Retreat

I'm going on a weeklong retreat in the woods. No phone, no email, no twitter, no tv, nothing to tie me to the modern world beyond basic needs. Really, twitter and email aren't basic needs.

At first it will be hard. I'll shake and tremble with confusion. But it will be good for me.

It's good for all of us to get out of our lives from time to time, to disappear into places larger than we are. To live in the moment.

Where do you retreat to? What do you retreat from?

I'll see you when I get back. I'll bring back secrets from the loons.

(c)2011 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails