Friday, September 25, 2009

The walls have ears

A selection of the observed and overheard.
  1. "We're all interchangeable pawns." Overheard in the corridors of a tech company.
  2. Bartender 1: That's white of him.
    Bartender 2: What did you day?
    Bartender 1: I said, that's white of him.
    Bartender 1, laughing: You gotta love the South.
    Over heard in a bar in North Carolina. I was initially stunned then cringed at the stereotype.
  3. Overheard, while walking across street, "No death for us!" My first thought: ever? How boring!
  4. Earlier this week I had the pleasure of spreading a conversational meme. I was talking with an acquaintance about the relative merits of twitter and facebook. Within a few minutes I heard one conversation near me about facebook, then another about twitter. I guess I'm not the only one who eavesdrops...
Hear anything good this week?

(c) 2009 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails