Monday, September 21, 2009

Four things you could do today

Alright, so it's another Monday, so that means a few more reasons to go out and fight dragons.

There's a low-level thread going around twitter right now called boycottmonday. People are coming up with silly reasons to say no to Monday. Instead, why not make Monday the day when you go through the world with an open ear and mind. Try one of these tricks instead.
  1. Tell someone a dumb joke. One of my favorites is:
    What did the fish say when it swam into a wall?
    Dam.
    See? It's so dumb that most people can't help but smile.
  2. Make an origami crane and give it to a stranger. It's a sign of peace.
  3. Take a walk. Make a map of the route you took, labeling the sounds you heard while you walked. Mail the map to yourself and take the same walk next Monday, so you know now you'll have something to look forward to in a week.
  4. Ask someone you meet to tell you a joke. Pass it on.
Any other ideas? If you try any of these I'd love to hear what happens. And send me your jokes!

(c) 2009 Laura S. Packer Creative Commons License

2 comments:

  1. A duck walks into a drugstore, walks up to... excuse me, waddles up to the counter.
    "Can I help you?" asks the clerk.
    "I'd like to buy some chapstick," says the duck.
    The clerk rings it up and says: "Will this be cash or charge?"
    Duck says: "Just put it on my bill."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 2:
    Same duck walks into the same drugstore, walks up to... excuse me, waddles up to the counter.
    "Can I help you?" asks the clerk.
    "I'd like to buy a condom," says the duck.
    The clerk rings up the purchase and says: "Shall I put it on your bill?"

    "What kind of a duck do you think I am?"

    ReplyDelete

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails