Friday, August 15, 2008

Further thought about Gatlinburg

A quick addendum to the Heaven and Hell post. 

I used Gatlinburg as a jumping off point to put forth a theory about gateways to other realms. I was perhaps unclear on one thing - I love these kinds of liminal places, I'm fascinated by them and am as susceptible to them as anyone. 

One reader commented that I have a hatred of Ripley's; I'm sorry if it came across that way. As I said, I love tourist traps and have been to quite a few odd museums including many Ripley's. In this case I found it illustrative that this town had so many museums owned by one corporation.

My apologies if I was unclear. You're certainly welcome to disagree with me opinions.

(c) 2008 Laura S. Packer
Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Stories, Honest Lies by Laura S. Packer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.truestorieshonestlies.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.laurapacker.com.
Related Posts with Thumbnails